So I won’t pretend I knew much about Woman’s hour prior to receiving a phone call about it but did I want to appear on BBC radio with a group of legendary Women in construction…………….. Hell yeah!
When explaining to my Dad that I had been invited to the show he was really happy as when my Nana was alive she always listened to it, I guess this gave me even more of a boost to take part.
It was an bank holiday special dedicated to women in construction and I was privileged to take part with some fabulous women
- Roma Agrawal MBE– Author of Built and a structural engineer who worked on the Shard.
- Cristina Lanz-Azcarate – Chair, London South East NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction). Also an architect!
- Hattie Hasan – Plumber and founder of Stopcocks Women Plumbers.
- Sarah Fenton – Partnerships Director Midlands and North, CITB
- Lynsey Davies – Plasterer from Wales who is now training to be a quantity surveyor
We were all interviewed by Tina Daheley who was fabulous and genuinely really engaged.
It was a brilliant thing to take part in and there was such a positive vibe from everyone – super inspirational! I don’t believe I have been in such a room discussing matters of women working in construction where the main vibe was just positivity , we all spoke about our journeys into the industry, what we would tell people wanting the join the industry and some genuine giggles about things we have overcome.
I truly believe the podcast is worth a listen, it will be uploaded here – https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0007wsf
A sound bite posted on Twitter that didn’t make the final broadcast – https://twitter.com/BBCWomansHour/status/1165937402839478272/video/1